Omni Dual Headed MagStripe and/or Bar code Reader
The Omni reads up to 3 tracks of information with a single swipe in either direction. In combination, the same Omni unit can read both barcode and MagStripe media. It scans barcodes printed on paper, card stock, or plastic. An infrared option is available for security-based applications, where barcodes are over-printed to prevent duplication. The data outputs are TTL, RS232, keyboard wedge, USB-KB, USB-RS232, and Wiegand interfaces.
The Omni’s output can be formatted with terminating characters, special preamble and/ or postamble character strings, and special parsing to match the data format expected by the terminal. These settings are programmed into the reader and stored in nonvolatile memory.
The Omni reader is designed for demanding applications, such as for access control or in self-service kiosks. Its die-cast metal base, stainless steel wearplate, and impact-resistant housing make it ideal for stand-alone, high-volume applications. Its metal base can be securely mounted with screws, and cable exits are available at the side, end, or bottom of the unit. Weatherproof, sealed, or extended temperature versions are available for use in harsh environments.
- TTL, KB, RS232, USB-KB, USB-RS232 and Wiegand interfaces
- Reads most barcodes symbologies and/or MagStripe Data
- Superior reading of jitter, scratched, and worn MagStripe Cards
- Dual sided MagStripe head versions available
- Die-cast metal plate allows flexible mounting options
- Rugged weatherproof design with sealed or extended temperature options
- Reliable for a minimum of 1,000,000 passes
- Signifies successful reads with a beeper and LED indicator
- Data output can be programmed into needed format
- Reads up to 3 tracks of information
- Threaded inserts for easy and flexible Mounting