EconoWriter Low Coercivity Magnetic Stripe Reader-Writer
ID TECH EconoWriter™ encodes, reads, & verified three tracks of MagStripe data in a single swipe. A high resolution tachometer precisely locates encoding; the encoding quality exceeds ISO 7811 standards for new cards. Data density is selectable to 75 or 210 BPI for any track with low coercivity writing operation. An LED provides operation status.
Full-length guides & a deep card slot ensure accurate and alignment and registration. The low force design of EconoWriter ensures a smooth and easy card swipe which provides an operating life for more than 1,000,000 card swipes. The overall chassis length provides stability during reading and writing operations.
Workshop™ is ID TECH’s Windows based PC software utility. It includes all standard and many custom options for reading & writing to a MagStripe low coercivity card. A single window shows the reading & writing format selections for each track. Default selections are available for simple & correct set-ups when encoding ISO, AAMVA or other formats. Database and file operations are supported. Convenient features such as track erasing, card data comparisons, and sequential data writing are included. The EconoWriter communicates via an RS232 or a USB-RS232 serial COM port interface.
- Reads and writes MagStripe cards, tickets, badges, and passbooks in a single swipe
- Reads & writes up to 3 tracks of information and any combination of 210 or 75 BPI densities
- EconoWriter provides 1 million read & write operations minimum for heads, tachometer, & electronics
- Workshop™ software is easy to use & guides the user quickly through the reading & writing processes
- Light weight black plastic housing