uSign 300 Signature Capture Pad
The ID TECH uSign 300 is an electronic signature capture device with a color LCD display. Users can view their signatures in real-time during the signing process. The graphic display provides interactive text and pen-tap selection allowing customers to select and navigate transactions with the stylus. In addition, the color LCD can display company logos, promotions and custom graphics.
The use of electronically capturing signatures is a common practice to authorize payments in Point of Sale (POS) applications. Electronic signatures reduce transaction time, eliminate sorting and sending paper, provide convenient electronic storage and transmission, and give legal accountability (non-repudiation) for POS transactions. The POS applications include retail, hospitality, self-service, and quick-service restaurants.
The LCD and touch sensitive screen are housed in a rugged plastic case. The case provides a tethered non-electronic stylus. A metal mounting plate secures the uSign™ 300 to a desk or counter top when required. Also, a palm rest area below the signature panel provides support to make the signing process easy.
- Electronic signature capture with buffered signature capability
- Replaceable tethered, passive-type stylus
- Resistive touch pad
- 3.5” QVGA Color LCD
- Sampling rate up to 118 dots per second
- Touch pad resolution 1024 dots per inch
- Real time signature capture with 5:1 compression rate
- Raw data output available
- Firmware filters spikes and electronic noise
- Real-time graphics display of signature during capture
- Host control graphic and text display
- Calibration mode and functions
- Command and response driven operations through an API
- Demo application runs in Windows Environments