Spectrum Pro™, PCI-PTS with SRED Certified MagStripe and Smart Card Insert Reader
The Spectrum Pro is a PCI-PTS 4.x with SRED hybrid MagStripe and Smart card insert reader designed for outdoor unattended POS operations. Meeting the latest requirements of the payment industry, the Spectrum Pro is EMV Level 1 and Level 2 approved and features DUKPT key management with TDES or AES encryption algorithms to ensure MagStripe and Smart card data is protected. The Spectrum Pro also uses the mutual RSA authentication which the host and PIN pad during the first time initialization to enhance the secure communication. Its tamper-resistant structure extends the reader’s physical security to protect consumers’ financial data from being compromised.
The Spectrum Pro has the ability to be integrated with ID TECH’s PIN pads for a Chip & PIN solution, and with the contactless antenna from the ViVOpay Kiosk III for outdoor and unattended applications such as parking, vending machines, kiosks, ATMs and other POS systems.
The Spectrum Pro is IP 65 rated to withstand the rigors of the outdoor environment against dust, liquid and other harmful substances. An optional heater is available to prevent ice from forming in cold environments. The sleep mode and stop mode on the Spectrum Pro allow for power conservation and a fast wake up ability once a card is inserted. An LED on the front of the reader informs users of successful card reading while three LEDs on the back are used for diagnostic purposes.
Features & Benefits:
- MagStripe and Smart Card Insert Reader for integration into an EMV Chip & PIN Solution
- EMV Level 1 and Level 2 Certified
- PCI-PTS 4.x Certified with SRED function supported
- Supports TDES and AES encryption algorithms with DUKPT key management
- RoHS 2 and REACH compliant
- Reads up to 3 tracks of card data
- Remote Key Injection available
- Optional contactless antenna
- Optional latch, front switch and heater
- Compatible mounting scheme with the standard ID TECH flush mount metal bezel